After World War II, there was a high demand for streetcar cars in Germany. Using existing chassis, the first car to be built was the Aufbauwagen derived from the Einheitsstraßenbahnwagen (1938). In order to simplify tramcar construction, the first Verbandswagen were developed from 1950 onwards in accordance with the guidelines of VöV, today’s Association of German Transport Companies (VDV).
Some of the vehicles were in passenger service until the 1980s. Converted to workshop vehicles, some of them were in service for several decades longer.
Even if a construction manual is supplied here. The model is mainly to be seen as a basis for own color variants, modifications or further developments. Ultimately, everyone will have his own favorite operation with appropriate vehicles.
The model is not driven. However, the installation of a circuit cube would be conceivable. With some modifications, a version in standard gauge would also be possible.
The Aachen car 7101 with sidecar 111, decorated, as it drove during the farewell parade on Sunday, September 29, 1974.
The vehicle can be seen from 6:43.